Important note for travellers
Please note that holders of a valid Schengen Visa who have already travelled within the Schengen Zone, may travel to Cyprus without an additional Cypriot Visa. Residents of non-EU countries who hold valid Schengen visas and who have already entered Schengen countries, as per the Schengen regulations, may now travel to Cyprus directly from that Schengen member country without applying for a National Cypriot visa and stay in the Republic of Cyprus for the duration of their Schengen visa.
Where Visas are being issued:
Visas will be issued by all the Diplomatic Missions (Embassies and General Consulates) of the Republic of Cyprus, and by all the Honorary Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad in their respective countries. Additionally visas can also be issued by the British High Commissions / Embassies in the following countries: ARGENTINE REPUBLIC, BAHREIN, HONG KONG, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KUWAIT, OMAN, SWITZERLAND, SUDAN, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (ABU DHABI, DUBAI), UZBEKISTAN.
The above information is based on information provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at their website. Please visit their website for the latest information and further details by clicking here.
Cyprus has two airports
- The Larnaca International Airport (60km from Limassol).
For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Larnaca)
- The Paphos International Airport (75km from Limassol).
For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Paphos)
Please note that participants have the following options for their transfers from /to the airport:
- Private taxi Transfers
Arrange for transfers by taxi through the conference coordinator, Easy Conferences. These transfers are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org . These transfers can be private(max 3 person) or shared, are inclusive of meet and assist, and the service is guaranteed.
- Airport Taxis
Get an airport taxi on arrival to the airport. Service is quite good, but at times one may have to wait and prices may vary depending on the time of arrival.
- Car rentals
Participants may opt to hire a car during their stay, and thus use it for their airport transfers. Cars may be reserved through the conference coordinator, Easy Conferences at special conference rates and are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org.
- Public Transportation
You may use the public bus service (Limassol Express) at only 8 Euro per person (one way including VAT and luggage). This bus will transport you from Larnaca airport to Limassol and back, by daily shuttle buses at specified times including weekends and holidays.
In case that participants would like to use this service, they should contact the Public Transportation company to make a reservation at: http://www.airportshuttlebus.eu
- English is the second language and is widely spoken. A greater Knowledge of French and German is increasingly noticeable.
- The currency of the Republic is Euro
- Banks in Cyprus open for the, public from 08:30 to 12:30 midday. Certain banks in tourist areas open during the afternoon
- The voltage on the island is 240 Socket outlets are of flat 3 pin-type.
- All types of medication are available in well stocked pharmacies all over Cyprus.
- Telephone : Cyprus automatic telephone dialling system reaches 206 countries. Telecards can be purchased from Post Offices, kiosks and souvenir shops.
- There are two international airports in Cyprus, at Larnaca and Pafos.
- The two main ports are in Lemesos and Larnaca.
- Around 30 airlines connect Cyprus directly with most European and Middle-East countries, which provide on-going services to anywhere in the world.
- As from May 2004 Cyprus is a full member of the European Community.